Thursday, September 12, 2013

Nicholas Sparks ...

Nicolas Sparks is the best, to me, with romantic books and movies.
I remember the first book of his I read, A Walk To Remember. I remember thinking, "wow, this author is awesome." I later learned that all of his books are based on people in his or his families lives. That made each book even better.
Not long after reading A Walk To Remember, I watched Message In The Botttle, starring Kevin Costner and Robin Wright. I knew from then on, I wanted to read all of his books and watch all the movies.
I set out and done just that. I read so many of his books back to back, I didn't want to read any other authors books.
Message In The Bottle, the movie, came out in 1999. Then in 2002, A Walk To Remember came out starring Mandy Moore, Shane West and Daryl Hannah. When I heard the news, I wanted to read the book again. My Mama bought me the book and read it ... again. Once the movie came out, I wanted to read the next book that was in the process of being turned into a movie ... The Notebook, starring Gena Rowland, Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling. It came out in 2004.
By then, I was seriously hooked. By 2008, Nights in Rodanthe was coming out, starring Diane Lane and Richard Gere. Once again, I read the book, again, and then seen the movie.
Dear John, starring Channing Tatum and Amanda Seyfried came out in 2010. I was not able to read that book until after the movie came out. I didn't really mind, I got to see the movie and read the book. I was good with that.
The Last Song, Starring Liam Hemsworth and Miley Cyrus, also came out in 2010. My mama had the book and once again, I was able to read the book and then see the movie. However, the book was better than the movie to me. Liam Hemsworth done a really good job but I am not a fan of Miley Cyrus so she did not do such a good job with that character.
The Lucky One, starring Zac Efron and Taylor Schilling came out in 2012. I was not able to read the book in time for the movie but my mama was sweet enough, she rented the movie and we watched in together. Great movie.
The last movie was Safe Haven released this year, 2013, starred Josh Duhuamel and Julianne Hough. This is the only book I have not been able to read.
In between reading this books and watching the movies, I read his other books, such as The Wedding, The Rescue, 3 Weeks With My Brother and A Bend In The Road. I have not read a book of his I did not like. Nicholas Sparks is a great author and I look forward to reading more books and seeing more movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment